Our weekend did not start off good. We bought Carter a little pool for our back patio..its on the south side of our house. The sun had been shining all morning on the metal threshold on our french door..Carter stepped on it and went down screaming! I couldn't figure out what had happened at first and then I looked at his foot..it has just melted his skin, we never would have dreamed the sun would have made it that hot.
We put his foot in a bucket of cold water and rushed him to the ER. Needless to say it was a horrible experience. He cried and screamed and clung to me..he was hysterical..and all with his foot in this bucket.
No one offered any kind of help it was as if they had never worked with a little kid in such pain!
I begged..pleaded..(yelled) at anyone coming in our room for some help.
Over an hour later the doctor came in and said yes it was a 2nd degree burn and offered Tylenol. Woo.
I asked for something stronger please????
...they put on Neosporin and wrapped it.
He was so exhausted..the car drive home put him to sleep and finally he could rest and we could decompress.
I was so scared for him to wake up..but when he did he was happy and in a great mood :) I guess the Tylenol with Codeine did the trick!
I feel like I should be on Oprah to warn everyone about the hidden dangers in your own home..it was so freak we never would have imagined something like that happening.
Lesson learned..don't bother with our local ER!